To continue working in alliance with the community, the area command program was instituted in the patrol division. For more information call the on-duty Watch Comander at (831) 758-7250.
Commanders assigned to Patrol have designated geographical areas of the city they will be responsible for. They will coordinate crime, nuisance and other neighborhood and business concerns in their designated area. Some of their duties will include the following:
- Meeting with business or neighborhood groups and individuals.
- Addressing crime and quality of life issues.
- Assigning personnel to requests for service and follow up.
- Coordinating response by auxiliary units of the Police Department and other agencies.
- Providing updates to Chief of Police.
- Meeting with service agencies and other City personnel involved in direct services to the community.
- Work with Community Services to develop a more active and involved Neighborhood Watch.
The city is divided into four areas of command and individual commanders are assigned to those areas. The four commanders are available to attend neighborhood or business meetings, meet individually with community members, respond to crime or quality of life issues and assist in the response and resolution of any other community concern.