Join Our Team
Are you interested in being part of a team that is at the leading edge of law enforcement?
If so, the Salinas Police Department is looking for qualified people to join as officers and staff members.
We’re especially looking for candidates from Salinas or the surrounding region. Women and Spanish speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
We're looking for new and experienced police officers, and non-sworn staff positions open up from time to time.
Please see calopps.org for information on open positions.
Salary & Benefits
The monthly salary for a police recruit is $4,604. After graduation from the police academy, recruits are promoted to Police Officer. The annual salary for a police officer ranges from $5,877 to $7,501 per month, or $70,524 to $90,012 per year. See the job description at calopps.org.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- At least 21 years old at time of appointment to Police Officer.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have applied for citizenship before application for Police Officer.
- Valid California Driver's License.
- Vision of 20/100, corrected to 20/30 in each eye and normal color acuity.
We value the experience lateral officers bring to our department and strongly encourage lateral applications.
For Information regarding appointments or any other employment questions, please call (831) 758-7164.