File a Report
Filing an online crime/incident report allows you to submit the report immediately without having to wait for an officer to respond. Once the report is approved, you can print a copy of the report for free.
You should NOT file an online crime/incident report if:
- this is an emergency,
- this incident occurred in another city,
- you know one or more of the suspects in this incident, or
the incident involves any of the following:
- violent crime (personal assault, kidnapping, robbery)
- hate crime
- sex crime (rape or sexual assault)
- stolen vehicle (theft of a vehicle, trailer, motorcycle)
- lost/stolen license plate
- domestic violence
- assault and battery
- traffic accident involving an injury
If any of the above apply to this incident, please call 831-758-7321 to file a report with an officer.
If the incident you are reporting does not meet any of the above criteria, you can use this system to file an online report. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Upon completion of this report process you will see the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete, and you will be given a temporary case number.
- All crime/incident reports filed online will be reviewed and, if further investigation or information involving your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Salinas Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Barking Dog
- Commercial Burglary
- Crime Tip
- Graffiti Abatement
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Hit and Run
- Identity Theft
- Information Only
- Lost Property
- Non Injury Traffic Accident
- Police Employee Commendation
- Police Employee Complaints
- Residential Burglary
- Street Light Out
- Traffic Complaint
- Vehicle Burglary