- P.O.S.T. Basic Academy Course certificate* or P.O.S.T. Requalification Course certificate*. Certificate must remain valid by appointment date.
- Applicants who submit a P.O.S.T. Requalification Course Certificate, must submit a valid WSTB*. South Bay WSTB.* Certificate must accompany application and be valid within 12 months prior to application.
- POST Certificate must remain valid by appointment date.
- Applicant must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age at time of appointment to Police Officer.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have applied for citizenship before application for Police Officer.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are highly desirable.
Must be submitted at the time of application as a single PDF file or via email to [email protected], or via fax to (831) 758-7941. Applications will be considered incomplete without required documents. WSTB certificates must be valid within twelve months prior to application. All documents submitted become the property of the City of Salinas and will not be returned or photocopied. Please only submit the required documents requested; all other information will be discarded.