To be considered for this position, you are required to complete an application on CalOpps and submit the following two documents:
- Documentation of academy attendance (letter on official letter head)
- P.O.S.T. PELLET B Examination T-Score 48 or above (official score letter from P.O.S.T or testing agency)
- Must include a copy of written exam assessment Certificate of T-Score of 48 or above
- Documentation of academy attendance
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be 20½ at time of application and 21 years of age at time of appointment to Police Recruit
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have applied for citizenship before application for Police Recruit
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are highly desirable. Skills will be tested.
Highly Desired – Individuals possessing the following are highly encouraged to apply:
- Military Veteran. A copy of DD-214 required at time of application for Military preference points.
- Local residents.
All documents submitted become the property of the City and will not be returned or photocopied. Please only submit the required documents requested; all other information will be discarded. We also accept attachments sent via email to [email protected] and/or fax at (831) 758-7941. Calopps permits only one attachment to your application. So, you will need to scan all items into one PDF and attach that file to your application. Application communication is done via email.