Attempted Murder

Release Date/Time: 11/15/2020 12:18 AM
Incident: Attempted Murder
Date: Saturday, 11/14/2020
Time: 08:41 PM
Location: 200 Block of Rianda Street

Release Authorized by: Cmdr. Lalo Villegas
Telephone: 831-758-7250

On November 14, 2020, at 8:41 PM, we received a ShotSpotter activation of 5 gunshots coming from the rear of a business in the 200 block of Rianda Street.  As officers were responding to the shooting scene, two gunshot victims arrived at the front of the police station and entered the vestibule area.  The adult victims each sustained gunshot wounds and were transported to a local hospital for treatment. A few minutes after the two victims arrived at the police station, a third adult victim arrived at a local hospital with gunshot wounds.  All three victims are in critical but stable condition.

Anyone with information is asked to call Detective John McNeil at (831)758-7277 or email at [email protected]

Or call the Salinas Police Department at (831) 758-7321. If you would like to remain anonymous, you can call the Salinas Police Department Tip Line at (831) 775-4222.

Question of the Day

Can I drink alcohol while walking down a City street in Salinas?

No, it is illegal to drink any beverage that contains alcohol while on public property. The Salinas Municipal Code Section (21-2)  states that, "No person shall drink any beer, wine or other intoxicating beverage on any public street, sidewalk, alley, highway, plaza parkway, parking lot, airport terminal, or bus or train depot in the City...

Our Latest News via Twitter