We have a variety of openings and each has its own requirements. But these are the minimum qualifications for a new Salinas Police Officer:
- Be a U.S. citizen or have applied for citizenship before application
- Have a valid California Driver’s License.
- Have a high School diploma or GED
- Be at least 20½ at time of application and 21 years of age at time of appointment
- Be able to pass the medical/fitness test, a thorough background check a polygraph examination, a psychological evaluation, and a drug & alcohol screening test.