How to Report an Incident
There are four ways:
- IF IT'S AN EMERGENCY: CALL 911
- If it's a non-emergency crime or accident, call (831) 758-7321
- For other incidents that we can help with, click on one of the links below under "Online Citizen Reporting System".
To report issues to the City of Salinas (such as code violations, potholes, downed wires, etc.) please use the SalinasCONNECT app.
You should NOT file an online report if:
- This is an emergency
- The incident occured in another city
- You know one or more of the suspects in this incident, or
The incident involves any of the following:
- violent crime (personal assault, kidnapping, robbery)
- hate crime
- sex crime (rape or sexual assault)
- stolen vehicle (theft of a vehicle, trailer, motorcycle)
- lost/stolen license plate
- domestic violence
- assault and battery
- traffic accidents involving an injury.
If any of the above apply to this incident, please call (831) 758-7321.
All reports filed online will be reviewed and, if further investigation or information involving your case is needed, you may be contacted.
Online Citizen Reporting System
You can report the following incidents (please choose one):
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Barking Dog
- Commercial Burglary
- Crime Tip
- Graffiti Abatement
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Hit and Run
- Identity Theft
- Information Only
- Lost Property
- Non Injury Traffic Accident
- Police Employee Commendation
- Police Employee Complaints
- Residential Burglary
- Street Light Out
- Traffic Complaint
- Vehicle Burglary
Filing an online crime/incident report allows you to submit the report immediately without having to wait for an officer to respond. Once the report is approved, you can print a copy of the report for free.
Upon completion of this report process you will see the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete, and you will be given a temporary case number.